THE WORSHIPFUL COMPANY OF INTERNATIONAL BANKERS (WCIB)
- The Company combines the traditions of the City Livery Companies with a modern outlook on the financial services sector. It has a truly international character with more than 700 members, over 200 of whom are Liverymen, drawn from over 250 firms and with almost 50 nationalities represented. Membership of the Company is open to all who work in the financial services community - it is not confined solely to banking. Overseas membership is available for the international financial community with existing or prior connections to the City. All members of the Company are expected to make regular donations to the International Bankers Charitable Trust (IBCT) which funds the Company’s charitable activities. The Lombard Appeal committee of the company is actively raising additional funds for the IBCT.
- One of the main objectives of the Company is to further the trade of international banking and financial services practitioners. A vital component is the education and training of the young, the WCIB works with partner charities to improve financial literacy in schools.
- In addition the Company’s Charity & Education Committee has direct links with 15 business schools where an annual International Bankers’ prize is awarded for work at Master’s level leading to the Company’s annual ‘Worshipful Company of International Bankers Lombard Prize’ awarded to a student for the best work on a paper concerning the financial services industry.
Innovate here: Succeed anywhere
- Building on the outreach of the Company into the community over the past few years, particularly the alliance with The Brokerage Citylink and leading educational charities MyBnk and ARK, the Company is a proud supporter of the City Giving Day.
- The Company is also actively engaged in supporting the mayoral programme with several members forming part of The Lord Mayor’s overseas delegations and this is expected to be continued into 2015/16.
- The Company’s main international role is promoting standards of professional conduct and the facilitation of cross-border educational opportunities. In this connection it works with professional bodies that provide training and credentials within the UK and abroad including the Institute of Financial Services and the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment.
- The Company considers the propagation of the livery movement an important goal. The Company has an active overseas membership which assists with the local arrangements for official visits by the Lord Mayor.
- In addition the Company supports the Mansion House Scholarship Scheme and provides bursaries and Honorary Student Membership of the Company to its scholars while studying in the UK.
Contact Nicholas Westgarth at Clerk@internationalbankers.co.uk