THE WORSHIPFUL COMPANY OF CHARTERED SECRETARIES AND ADMINISTRATORS
Chartered Secretaries are the primary source of advice on corporate governance in many companies, public sector bodies and charities. They are professionals qualified in the fields of corporate law, finance, governance, company secretaryship and management, and are recognised for their specialist knowledge in these fields. Within the financial sector, Chartered Secretaries have contributed particularly to regulation and regulatory compliance e.g. guidance on Improving Board effectiveness as adopted by the Financial Reporting Council; Listing Rules, and City Code on Takeovers and Mergers.
The Company is the Livery Company for Chartered Secretaries and Administrators. It was granted its own royal charter in 2007. Its related professional body, the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators; The Governance Institute(ICSA) was founded in 1891. ICSA trains, informs and represents the interests of governance professionals across all sectors. It is the recognised voice on governance and regulatory issues in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors. Working with governmental and other statutory bodies, ICSA
promotes best practice and provides guidance on good governance.
Encourage, Support, Inspire
- The Company motto “service with integrity” ensures that all of our members are dedicated to ensuring that their organisations work ethically. The trust in the honest system in England is one of the reasons that so many foreign businesses set up or have their bases here.
- Our members’ advice is frequently sought on the introduction of corporate governance structures in countries seeking to follow best UK practice, particularly those in Eastern Europe.
Areas of Expertise
- Integrity and ethical standards.
- Company secretarial practice.
- Good company reporting.
- Board Performance.
- Risk and compliance.
Contact: Patricia Day at email@example.com
- Chartered Secretaries are recognised internationally as the leading exponents of good corporate governance and probity, promoting best practice in over 70 countries that have adopted British-style corporate law and regulations.
- ICSA is an international organisation under its own Royal Charter and in addition to the United Kingdom and Ireland, the ICSA has divisions in Australia, Canada, Hong Kong/China, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa and Zimbabwe.
020 7726 2955